We expect our Parents to do the following:
- Attend Parent Orientation.
- Pay School fees on time.
- Pay Pace fees on time.
- Ensure that students does homework.
- Ensure that students study at home.
- Ensure that all projects are done and completed.
- Motivate and encourage students.
- Attend Parent’s Evening once a term.
- Attend were possible any sport or cultural activities offered.
- Complete homework every day.
- Study for tests.
- Complete projects.
- Participate in sport and cultural activities.
- Be an example and ambassador of ACC at all times.
General School Rules
- No food in Learning Centre and no Gum
- Marked on, damaged or defaced property belonging to the school, church, staff orother students, will be replaces at the offending student’s expense.
- Swearing will result in the parents being called in for a conference with the Principal. Use words that Glorify God.
- English is our medium of teaching, therefore learners are only allowed to speak English at school, no other language may be used.
- All students must keep the six inch rule.
- A student is expected to greet any adult or visitor first. (you have to stop whatever you are doing and stand to greet the visitor/adult).
Things not allowed
Guns, Knives, matches, cell phones , skate - boards, lighters, cigarettes, alcohol, unwholesome magazines or pictures are totally prohibited from the school property.
If any of these items are found it will be confiscated . If a student looses a cell phone or any other item mentioned above the school will not take responsibility for these items.
School uniform will be sold at the clothing store , please enquire at the shop for prices, orders etc.
- Aftercare facilities are available from 14:00 - 17:00. Please take note - if you are late you will be charged a R100 penalty fee.
- Please ensure that your child has enough lunch with him/her as the day can get very long.
Assembly takes place every Monday from 7:30 – 9:00. Parents are welcome to attend No visitor is allowed in the Learning Centre without first reporting to the front office. This is to ensure the safety of our learners and staff.
There will be a Parents evening once a term. This will normally be held on the first day of each term – keep your diaries open. It is vitally important that you attend these meetings as important decisions are made. Reports will also be handed out in these meetings.
It is compulsory for parents to attend Parent Orientation Day (once - a - year), meetings and conferences so they can familiarize themselves with the methods and procedures of ACE. This isalso to promote a good understanding between parents, guardians, the teachers and the school.
There will be Parent - Teacher consultation evenings during the year. This is to enable regular monitoring of a student’s progress.